I’m so happy with how these turned out considering we don’t have ‘Graham’ crackers here in Australia which nearly every cookie house on the internet used. So here’s my Aussie version. Instructions to follow pictures keep scrolling down!
1 egg white
1 3/4 to 2 cups icing sugar sifted
Half teaspoon lemon juice
Packet Nice biscuits
Packet Tina Wafers
Packet ‘Hundreds & Thousands’ biscuits
Packet ‘savoiardi’ biscuits
Licorice All sorts
Sour rainbow straps
Royal icing for glue and decorating:
Whisk egg white with lemon juice until combined and a little fluffy then slowly add sifted icing sugar until desired consistency. Put icing into a snap lock bag and snip off a tiny corner to use as a piping bag or even better use a piping bag if you have one.
1. Using icing to glue together three savoiardi biscuits for the floor.
2. Use icing to glue the four walls together onto the platform and to each other using the nice biscuits
3. Use icing to glue on 4 milk coffer biscuits as the roof. Do two panels at a time and hold them together as they dry.
4. Cut a corner off of a licorice allsortand glue on roof for chimney. I used a savoiardi biscuit as a prop while it was drying as it is a heavy lolly.
5. Separate the layers of a Tina wafer and use for windows (glue on sour straps to make the window panes) and to stick it on the side of the house.
6. Decorate as desired. I used a hundreds and thousands biscuit for the door and excess icing for snow. Couple of mint leaves at the front door and voila!